Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pickling the Universe

I am tricky
challenging
weird

I keep rocks
remember shadows
learn languages
hide fears
read clouds

I shout
COME BACK HERE
I am still here

I see possibilities
hear jokes
taste ice cream
feel my son's soft arms
around my neck

I whisper keep going
I am still here

I want the universe
I will the universe
I can the universe
like pickled peppers
I pretend to eat the universe
as a side dish to meat loaf

I sing over the river
I am over the hard parts
I am still here

2 comments:

  1. oh i'm so happy to have found your blog! i used to read your old one, 'the sound the world makes' on a regular basis.

    i'm so pleased you are writing again, i so enjoy your words.

    peace.
    termite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks. That's very humbling.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
A Mirror, A Summer, A Street by Autumn Crisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.