Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Do or Do Not Do

I've been imagining for several days sitting in the pinestraw pathway of my garden and painting the emerald and jade leaves of my pepper plants and tomato plants. The upward thrusting curling leaves of collards, laced with patterns left by hungry cabbage worms. However, I have yet to actually pull out the flat plastic watercolor container. I have watercolor paper and brushes at the ready, but instead I walk through the paths admiring the sprouting seedlings of radishes, carrots, pumpkins, and watermelons imagining painting. Why? Why don't I paint?

1 comment:

  1. sometimes you have to be sufficiently over-full... maybe if you look at them so much you cannot take any more in you will have to let some out and the painting will be a delicious overflow...

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
A Mirror, A Summer, A Street by Autumn Crisp is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.